Thursday, January 3, 2008

Working out ain't really working out....

Ok....So, recent incidents have led me to the gym. I thought to myself, how hard can this be? I used to walk the "big block" with hippie chick and Staci (she really needs a better nickname other than hooker so I can use it on this site...) anyways, so I joined the gym, the MEGA gym. Mostly at Tyler's begging did we end up there, otherwise, I would have gone to the small ladies gym down the road. Anyways, so I have been going in walking on the treadmill and doing the stomach machines. You know, leisurely.... so then, all of a sudden, lost my mind. I walked by the trainers desk and start talking to one of them and then I find out there is this thing called Team Fitness. It is a step above Team Weight loss and a step below Boot camp, cause lets face it, there ain't no way in heck I am ever going to boot camp unless they draft my fat butt into the army! But I digress... So I lost my mind, and started Team fitness last night. The program is great. It ended up being 3 people to 1 trainer. We were all women, and thankfully no one was skinny enough that I wanted to rip their head off off their skinny little body for being there. So we get started just us and Dominique. Dominique looks like a nice guy.... (I'm sure he is outside the gym) But Dominique isn't there just to draw a paycheck...he is there to make us lose some flab. So after the ab workout (I know, I know, it is hard to do an ab workout when you got none...I made it through somehow though) then there was the obliques, or however you spell it, I was already red faced. I thought to myself. I am still laying on the floor and feel like I am dying what could he possibly make us do next? Oh wait, I forgot to tell you the whole time that I was over there red faced, he looks over at me and says "breath, don't forget to breath"....the other girl is carrying on a full fledged conversation with him all about her alcoholic ex husband...it was everything I could do to nod my head!! Anyways, so then came the weights. We went over to some machines that were blocked off for our "little party" that we were having.... we did lunges (ok so I really never got that I was supposed to be alternating and twisting the alternate way and looked like a dork...but I tried) after that it was working on arms pretty much then it hits me....I am going to throw up. I am shaking, I am now getting tunnel vision and am definite at this point that I am about to go out cold. WTH???? I do more exercise on a daily basis than I am doing right now so why on earth am I about to be carried out on a stretcher? Who knows. I felt like crap, went in the bathroom drank, tried to puke and finally they came in after me. So I went back and started again. This time I was shaking so bad I couldn't stand. So I quit....5 mins, that was all I had left of the torture and I had to go and quit. So I was thinking, I'm fat, not obese, I'm healthy, why do I need to go through all this torture? Bottom line, I just do. I need to do it for myself and for others around me. I might be happy now, but I will be even more happy when I return to the gym and this time I make it all the way through. Then the next time I make it and add more weight, and the next time when at the end of the hour I say "Is that all ya got???? I need more." So I will keep ya updated on if I am going to stay fat and happy or lean and mean.... if you never hear from me again....just know that I died on the treadmill cause it is cardio on Friday... just FYI for those that don't see me on a daily or yearly basis neither of these pics are me....I am in between them! So lets hope that I start tipping the scales to the bottom picture rather than the top....

3 comments:

Hippie Hick Chick said...

OMG - WTH? And many other acrononyms if I had 'em! I wonder if it's the fact that you've not ate a decent days worth of food in over a week? Regardless - keep up the hard work and you know it will pay off but make sure to get some protein before you go! I'm proud of you!

happyhome said...

Love the second pic of you! You look fantastic! Seriously, I secretly wish Jillian (the trainer from the Biggest Loser) would come kick me in the butt. I need someone to do that. Way to go! Keep up the great work(out)!

Ang

Karen Hossink said...

Good for you for deciding to stick with it. My husband just opened a personal training studio a couple months ago and my perk is that I get to work out with one of the trainers. So much better than a big ol' gym!!!
The accountability and personal encouragement/attention are fabulous. I love it!
Keep it up!