Monday, August 24, 2009

His last first day...

Since it is customary for me to post the first day pics here it is... it isn't great, I had to wipe the sleep from my eyes to take it... He was up bright and early and really ready for school. Senior year, only goes 1/2 day, he is in heaven... me, not so much. It is hard to believe that he will be heading to college next year and I won't get to take pics of it. One part of me is really excited about the young man that he is becoming, and part of me is sooo sad to see the kid in him gone... I hope that he has a great Senior year, stays out of trouble, and enjoys every minute of it. These are really the days he will remember!

3 comments:

demainca said...

Wonderful pic! You need to put it next to first day of school picture. I think that would make a great combination for a memory book. Bless their pea picking hearts they do grow up fast don't they? Just seems like yesterday they had tears in their eyes when you walked out the door of school and left them and they were determined to be so brave on that first day.

Lesa said...

Bobbie, I don't think I took one on the first day of school...I was really young and stupid back then... I wish I had though!

Unknown said...

How I was thinking of you all morning! That made me cry, silly, I thought I would do the happy dance not to have to get my boys up and going after 15 years. Made my heart hurt! I think I will have to volunteer at the elementary school again this year to get my fix.

Congrats girl and with your son, this year will be exciting for him and for you.

Miss you!